BioFeedback, Mind Machines & Brain Entrainment
I’ve had an interest in Biofeedback, Mind Machines, and Brainwave Entrainment for many years now. Since my collection of links/bookmarks is starting to grow too large I decided to start putting them in a mindmap. This map is by no means complete, but a very good start for people who are interested in this topic. I’ve personally had a lot of experience with brainwave entrainment software, but am eager to try out some mindmachines in the near future. Please check out what I have so far (I plan to update the map periodically as I find new information).
Download the MindMap in MindManager format
Or, view the map fullscreen in flash (freemind format)
(Visited 1,124 times, 1 visits today)
I’ve dabbled in the brainwave entrainment stuff too.
I have found it to absolutely useless to me.
What would you suggest as the best and most effective on the market to date?
I haven’t experimented at all (yet) with any mind machines, but I have experimented quite a bit with many different audio entrainment products. Like many things, your mileage may vary since the effectiveness probably varies person to person. And, I don’t think these products can ‘instantly’ put you into a desired brain state in a matter of minutes. But, I can say that over time you can definitely make a distinction between the various states (alpha vs. theta vs. beta) and some products do seem to work better than others.
I’ve personally tried the following:
* Brain Sync by Kelly Howell (I would highly recommend these)
* Hemi-Sync by Robert Monroe
– These programs might be too “new-agey” for some, but over time I can definitely tell a qualitative difference in states (like the difference between Focus 10 and Focus 12)
* Holosync by Bill Harris
– I would highly recommend Holosync, however many people are turned off by the marketing hype (myself included). Actually, let me restate: I highly recommend the Holosync “protocol”, not necessarily the product itself. There are some other free software products out there than can basically do the same thing that holosync does (See http://gnomad.info/abyss.htm)
* Software-based products like Brainwave generator and Neuro-programmer 2
Of all of these, I would probably give the highest recommendation to Neuro-programmer 2 since you have complete control over the program.
Need to dig into some of the latest bio/neurofeedback gadgets. I think a lot has changed since I posted last year [link to post]
– Posted using Chat Catcher